Learn something new
We’re constantly learning and growing, from the day we’re born! Pushing our boundaries can really increase our confidence and self-esteem, particularly if it results in learning a new skill! Keep learning is about continued curiosity, development and education. By taking part in this ‘way to wellbeing’, you’re always encountering something new, and are likely to encourage a more active and social life as well as develop your confidence.
You don’t always have to learn something new and super challenging! You could even reconnect with an old forgotten hobby, or re-learn a language you’ve become a bit rusty on.
Why not check out some ideas of what you could do today?
- Read the news, listen to a podcast or pick up a good book.
- Do a crossword or sudoku.
- Research something you’re interested in.
- Take out a book from the library, Find out where your local library is here.
- Learn a new language, apps like Duolingo can help you do this on the go!
- Sign up for a class, group, or activity.
- Learn a new recipe or cook with new ingredients.
- Go to an exercise class or try a new sport! SIV Sheffield will be able to give you some top tips!
- Find out something new about your friends or family