Bipolar UK is a national charity dedicated to supporting people affected by bipolar. This includes those with a bipolar diagnosis, those pre-diagnosis, and supporting their family and friends. Each year they support over 80,000 individuals through a range of services.
Bipolar UK provides:
- Information leaflets
- Peer support groups across England, Wales and Northern Ireland. These groups are facilitated by trained volunteers and do not require a referral or booking to attend. Click here to find your local support group.
- A moderated eCommunity with over 2,500 registered users.
- Employment support – a service that supports individuals who are affected by Bipolar in the work place.
- Crisis support – specific crisis information and urgent help
- Peer Support Line. Bipolar UK don’t take live calls but you can leave a message on 0333 323 3880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call back.
Sheffield Peer Support Group
There are two Bipolar UK support groups in Sheffield. They run on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month, from 7.00pm – 9.00pm, and they take place on Zoom.
The format of the meetings vary, but you will have the opportunity to introduce yourself, say how you are feeling using the Bipolar UK mood scale and may listen to an invited speaker. The groups are organised and facilitated by volunteers who are affected by bipolar in some way.
To register your interest, please email email@example.com with either “Sheffield 3rd Thursday of the month online support group” or “Sheffield 1st Thursday of the month online support group” as the subject line.
Covid update 27/09/21: Most services continue under covid-safe conditions but may be experiencing changes to how or when they deliver their service. Contact Bipolar UK directly for the latest information.
- Bipolar UK , 32 Cubitt Street, London, WC1X 0LR