Space to Breathe provide wellbeing and self-care support for individuals, communities and organisations in Sheffield and South Yorkshire. They use art, simple spirituality, mindfulness and positive psychology to help start conversations around wellbeing and then provide practical self-care tools accessible for everyone.
They provide a number of services, such as:
- Personal wellbeing – including a free, weekly guided meditation and other resources sent to your inbox
- Workplace wellbeing – a suite of support for workplaces and businesses
- School wellbeing – a range of workshops and services for school leadership and teaching staff
- Covid-19 wellbeing support – through funding from the Sheffield City Council COVID-19 Community Response Fund, Space to Breathe are offering a range of support services to people during the pandemic
As part of this project, they are offering:
- Wellbeing Zones – focused sessions sharing self-care resources including elements of mindfulness and practical stress/anxiety reducing tools and techniques.
- The Wellbeing Hub – a referral only social cafe which runs every Wednesday at SADACCA
- Buddy Scheme – a project to recruit 50 buddies to provide peer support to individuals with mental health challenges
- Reducing the Stigma around Mental Health – a project to create constructive resources and start meaningful conversations with community groups to address issues of stigma
Covid update 07/09/21: Most services continue under covid-safe conditions but may be experiencing changes to how or when they deliver their service. Contact Space to Breathe directly for the latest information.