The Decisions Unit is an NHS service in Sheffield. Anyone who lives in Sheffield and is in a mental health crisis can be referred to this service to receive an urgent assessment. It’s a purpose built unit based at the Longley Centre at the Northern General Hospital.
This service is for a short-stay only. That means between 12 to 48 hours.
During your stay you will be offered a range of support, including:
- An assessment of your physical and mental health.
- A medication review.
- Occupational therapy.
- Referrals to other mental health services.
- Planning for future risks and care.
- Signposting to relevant charities or community support.
- Liaising with other services or carers who are involved in your physical and mental health care.
- A clear discharge plan.
You cannot self refer to the Decisions Unit, you must be referred by a mental health professional.