Epilepsy Action is a national epilepsy organisation which exists to improve the lives of everyone affected by the condition. They are a member-led association, led by and representing people with epilepsy, their friends, families and healthcare professionals.
Epilepsy Action for Sheffield (local group)
Epilepsy Action provides a local contact point in Sheffield. Currently their in-person meetings are suspended but they are running virtual meetings.
Monthly Meeting: a friendly group providing the opportunity to meet others affected by epilepsy and find mutual support. The group is open to anyone living with epilepsy, their families and carers.
- Sheffield branch meets on the second Thursday of the month, 7.15pm – 9pm on Zoom
- The group is run by Duncan who can be contacted on 0114 235 2197
- The group is meeting online and you can use their online form to join the virtual group
If you are unable to make this time, you could join one of Epilepsy Action’s general virtual groups. You can book your place using their online form.
The Epilepsy Helpline provides advice and information. They can be contacted on 0808 800 5050.
- Monday 8.30am-7.00pm
- Tuesday 8.30am-7.00pm
- Wednesday 8.30am-4.30pm
- Thursday 8.30am-4.30pm
- Friday 8.30am-4.30pm
- Saturday 10.00am-4.00pm
You can also text for advice: 0753 741 0044, or email email@example.com.
- E-Learning – Epilepsy Action Learning has a range of online courses and learning resources to help you understand more about epilepsy.
- Online forum
- Their national website and social media (Twitter and Facebook) also contain a wide range of information and advice on epilepsy-related topics.