Epilepsy Action is a national epilepsy organisation which exists to improve the lives of everyone affected by the condition. They are a member-led association, led by and representing people with epilepsy, their friends, families and healthcare professionals.
Epilepsy Action for Sheffield (local group)
Epilepsy Action provides a local contact point in Sheffield.
Monthly Meeting: a friendly group providing the opportunity to meet others affected by epilepsy, find mutual support, receive basic advice about living with epilepsy and a programme of interesting talks, social events and fundraising activities. The group is open to anyone living with epilepsy, their families and carers.
- Second Thursday of the month (except August) 7.15 – 8.45pm (doors open at 6.50pm) at the Quaker Meeting House, 10 St James’ St, Sheffield S1 2EW
- The group is run by Duncan who can be contacted on 0114 235 2197
- The group is meeting online and you can use their online form to join the virtual group
Drop-In Coffee & Chat Sessions
- Second Saturday of the month at 1554 Coffee Shop (inside Sheffield Cathedral), Sheffield S1 2ER. 10.00 – 11.00am.
The group is run by Duncan and Will. Duncan can be contacted on 0114 235 2197 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Will can be contacted on 07770 837 970 or email@example.com
- Epilepsy Helpline, providing advice and information: 0808 800 5050 (Mon – Thu 8.30am – 8pm; Fri 8.30am – 4.30pm; Sat 10am – 4pm)
- You can also text for advice: 0753 741 0044.
- Online forum
- Their national website and social media (Twitter and Facebook) also contain a wide range of information and advice on epilepsy-related topics.
- (Meeting Address) The Quaker Meeting House, 10 St James Street, Sheffield, S1 2EW