Cruse Bereavement Care provides support to people who have been bereaved. Cruse is a national organisation with local branches, including Sheffield, providing the following services:
- telephone support
- face to face counselling (individual counselling is by appointment, as well as home visits by arrangement)
- training courses in bereavement counselling
- Hope Again is a website run by Cruse for young people who have been bereaved.
Self referral for people aged 18+. Children and young people under 18 can be referred by a parent or carer, with signed consent.
National Helpline: 0808 808 1677 (Mon – Fri 9.30am-5pm (extended hours until 8pm on Tue, Wed and Thu); Sat – Sun 10am-2pm)
The Cruse National Helpline is staffed by trained bereavement support volunteers, who offer emotional support to anyone affected by a bereavement. Their volunteers are there to help you talk things through. They can also help you find your local Cruse service, or signpost you to support groups, financial advice, and other useful sources of information.
* Covid update 30/12/20: Cruse services currently only provided over the telephone, email or internet.
- Sheffield Cruse, 10 Carver St, Sheffield, S1 4FS