Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM), exists to prevent suicide, the single biggest cause of death in men aged 20 – 45.
They seek to do this by:
- offering support to anyone in the UK of any age or gender who are down or in crisis via their helpline or their website
- raising awareness of male suicide and pushing for changes in policy and practice
- forging partnerships within music, entertainment, sports and comedy to promote their message
- CALM also hosts the Support After Suicide Partnership (SASP), which aims to ensure that everyone bereaved or affected by suicide receives timely and appropriate support
Their website has information, articles and features which aim to create a comfortable space for men to explore their problems and share their experiences.
You can reach the helpline 365 days per year from 5pm – midnight by calling 0800 58 58 58. It is staffed by trained and experienced workers who offer support, information and signposting. Calls are confidential and anonymous.
There is also a webchat facility on the website if you wish to chat to someone over the internet instead.
- PO Box 68766, London, SE1P 4JZ