Aches and Pains
Whilst a physical health problem, aches and pains will likely effect your mood and mental wellbeing too. Here are a few tips and tricks for aches and pains:
Use a hairbrush to break up areas of tension and disperse energy.
1. Use a hairbrush with bristles and tap all over the area of pain.
Headaches, toothaches, pain, constipation, sore throats (NB, do NOT stimulate if pregnant or epileptic)
1. Locate the point which is on the fleshy part of the hand; just above the web in between the thumb and second fingers on the back side of the hand (the LI4 point).
2. Deeply press or massage this point for 20-30 seconds.
3. Repeat throughout the day.
Massage outer thighs. Massage from top to bottom for constipation and from bottom to top for diarrhoea.
1. Curl your fingers and place them at the bottom of your hip on the side of your legs.
2. Push in with strong pressure and make tiny circles.
3. Move down an inch and repeat.
4. Continue all the way 'down the seam' to your knees, breathing in through your noise and out through your mouth.
Keeping a cold from taking hold
Bicep and thigh push. This also stimulates your respiratory system and clears congestion in your lungs.
1. In a hot bath ideally, or sitting on the ground or on a bed, bend your knees and let them fall out toward the sides.
2. Cross your arms and push your elbows into the inside middle of your thigs.
3. Push your thumbs into your biceps.
4. Breaking deeply in through the nose and out through the mouth, hold this position for 2 or 3 minutes.
Cheekbone Press. This also releases tension and reduces excessive worry.
1. Place the pads of your fingers beneath your cheekbones, next to your nose.
2. Apply pressure in and up.
3. Hold for about 15 seconds whilst breathing slowly, in through your nose and out through your mouth.
4. Continuing to press in, drag your fingers up towards the openings of your ears, pull them down the sides of your neck and finally drop your arms and relax.
Fingernails on arms. Relaxes the body and helps overcome insomnia - great for kids!
1. With the backs of your fingernails, move down your arms, slow and gentle, hardly touching at all.
2. Do both the inside and the outside of the arms. Breathe slowly and deeply, in through your nose and out through your mouth.