Tenancy Relations - Sheffield City Council
Tenancy Relations is part of Sheffield City Council's Private Housing Standards team. They provide advice and information to private landlords and tenants about tenancy law and offences related to tenancy law. The service uses council powers to try to investigate and where appropriate, prosecute offences of harassment, unlawful eviction and other tenancy related offences.
They can advise via telephone, email or face to face (by appointment only) about the law to do with private tenancies covering issues such as:
- Status and security of tenure
- Contractual rights
- Ending tenancies
- Bonds and Tenancy Deposit Scheme
- The tenant's right to exclusive possession and Quiet Enjoyment
- Unfair Terms in Contracts Regulations
- Harassment and Illegal Eviction
- Rights of Long Leaseholders
Detailed information for landlords and tenants are available on the website covering a wide range of information.
Location: First Point, Howden House
Street: 1 Union Street
Postcode: S1 2SH