St Wilfrid's Centre
St Wilfrid's is a local charity for homeless, vulnerable and socially excluded adults (18-65), providing basic welfare services and activities to promote wellbeing and independence.
Those supported by St Wilfrid's include those with mental health issues, clients with learning disabilities, those recovering from addictions or those that are finding it difficult to cope generally and are socially excluded.
The personal development and welfare opportunities/services they provide include:
- Hygiene services - showers, hairdressing, laundry, clothing repair and clothing bank
- Hot meals & snacks
- Finding accommodation
- Somewhere safe to go regularly & meet others
- Advice, advocacy & signposting - including benefits, housing & personal advice
- Social activities & games & groups
- Personal Development Programme - offers a wide variety of personal development activities structured to help facilitate recovery, life-skills & work-based skills
Access to their services are via self or agency referral or you can just turn up at the door if you wish. Please note St Wilfrid's is a 'dry' centre.
Opening times are Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm
Street: 524 Queens Road
Postcode: S2 4DT