Sheffield Occupational Health Advisory Service (SOHAS)
Sheffield Occupational Health Advisory Service (SOHAS) helps people to improve their conditions at work and provides the following services:
- confidential advice and support to people with work-related ill health
- advises on your health and safety rights
- raises awareness of work-related health problems.
- carries out health check for deafness, lung disease and vibration damage.
Advisers are based in many GP surgeries throughout Sheffield, see website for the current timetable of surgeries and locations.
If you are not a patient at one of the GP surgeries on the timetable, please ring 0114 275 5760 to book an appointment.
Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) Employment Adviser
If there is not a SOHAS Adviser in your GP surgery and work is affecting your mental health or your mental health is affecting your work then their IAPT Employment Advisers can offer advice and guidance around:
- Employment law and employee rights
- Disability discrimination, reasonable adjustments etc
- Work-related stress
- Raising awareness/training around mental health problems for employers
- Support to access other services such as supported employment agencies.
The website has resources for patients and professionals including leaflets and guides, and details of training courses.
Location: Various locations