Sheffield Mind offers a number of different services across the city for people experiencing mental health problems and their carers. Services are available to people aged 18 years and over and living in Sheffield. Click on the heading for each service for more information.
Sheffield Mind Counselling and Therapy Service offers free counselling and psychotherapy, access to the service is via an initial assessment with a psychotherapist. The service is open to people aged 18+ who are registered with a Sheffield GP. The service offers:
- One to one counselling/psychotherapy
- One to one Art Therapy
- Art Therapy Group
- Counselling for people aged 50+ who are experiencing social isolation through the Age Better in Sheffield program.
Connect 3 provides a housing focused mental health service for people living in Sheffield. As the name suggests, there are three different parts to the service;
short-term accommodation with specialist support,
a 'transitional landlord' service where clients are supported to manage their tenancy (housing support), and
a floating support where clients are visited in their homes.
Springboard Cafes are regular drop-in sessions for people who are ready to begin, or on the road to, recovery. They run at 5 venues across the city.
- Springboard@St Mary's Community Centre, Bramall Lane, Sheffield S2 4QZ
- Springboard@Manor Library, Ridgeway Road, Sheffield S12 2SS
- Springboard@The Learning Zone, 320 Wordsworth Avenue, Parson Cross, Sheffield S5 9NL
- Springboard @ Chapeltown, Scout Hall, Burncross Rd, Sheffield S35 1RX
- Springboard@Burngreave Vestry Hall, 2 Burngreave Road, Sheffield S3 9DD - WOMEN ONLY
Sheffield Mind Support and Recovery Service (SRS) provides support workers and budget management for people in receipt of a Health & Social Care budget. The support worker service is also available to pay for privately.
Sheffield Mind Training Programme delivers a range of training sessions designed to introduce people to or develop their understanding of mental health issues.
Sheffield Mind Volunteer Programme provides a number of different volunteer roles at Sheffield Mind including therapists, trustees, group facilitators and general volunteers.
Location: Wellbeing Centre
Street: 110 Sharrow Lane
Postcode: S11 8AL