Sexual Health Sheffield
Sexual Health Sheffield is part of the NHS offering a range of free and confidential sexual health services to people in Sheffield. They work to promote sexual health and safer sex, and to prevent the spread of HIV and sexually-transmitted infections in the city.
Sexual Health Clinics
They offer free and confidential sexual health services to men, women and young people on two sites in Sheffield - Royal Hallamshire Hospital and Firth Park Clinic.
Services provided at clinics include:
- free range of contraception, including Emergency Contraception
- free chlamydia testing and treatment
- free walk-in clinic (subject to availability on the day)
- free condoms
- free Hepatitis B testing & vaccination
- free Hepatitis C testing
- free HIV testing
- free post-exposure prophylaxis for HIV (PEPSE)
- free pregnancy tests, information & advice
- free youth clinic
- free sexually-transmitted infection (STI) testing
- free clinics men who have sex with men
- free vasectomies
In addition to medical staff, Health Advisers are available for pre-test and post-test discussion for HIV testing. They can help with complex or stressful situations, or with delivering difficult news.
Please see the website for full details of clinic times.
The Pitstop+ service is a free and confidential weekly drop-in service (no appointment needed) for gay and bisexual men who live or socialise in Sheffield. The service is open to any man who identifies as MSM (a man who has sex with men). Please see the separate directory entry for full information.
Community Outreach Sexual Health Information & STI Screening
Sexual Health Sheffield’s Prevention, Promotion & Outreach Team provide sexual health information and STI screening sessions in a range of community settings
Education & Training
Sexual Health Sheffield provides a range of training for professionals. Full details of courses are on the website.
They produce a wide-range of leaflets, posters and other promotional materials, including free resources and educational materials which can be dowloaded from the website. A full publications catalogue is available on the website.
- These services work to a holistic model of sexual health acknowledging political, social and cultural factors and health inequalities which affect and determine people's sexual health as well as the role played by individual experience, emotions, sexuality and spirituality. Their approach affirms people's right to sex which is consensual, mutual, equal, pleasurable and satisfying.
Location: Royal Hallamshire Hospital
Street: Glossop Road
Postcode: S10 2JF