Roshni Asian Women's Resource Centre
Roshni is a resource centre run by and for South Asian women in Sheffield (including older people, people with learning disabilities, people with physical and/or sensory impairments, people with mental health issues, long term health conditions and carers) which actively promotes the needs of local Asian women through self-help, employment support, advocacy, information provision, cultural, health and wellbeing activities. Roshni aims to actively encourage South Asian women to be self-reliant through empowering them to identify their own needs, make their own choices and create their own solutions.
- a youth work service and mentoring service for young women
- an advocacy service for women in need of practical and emotional support
- a project for older women and carers
- a support group for Asian women carers
- day opportunities and social activities including getting out and about, a befriending and companionship / accompaniment.
Roshni can also provide Employment Support via an engagement project to help learners into employment, this can include help with:
- Preparing for Work
- Training & Qualifications
- Work Experience and Volunteering Opportunities
- Finding and Applying for Jobs
The centre also holds events and runs various leisure activities and summer activities.
Street: 444 London Road
Postcode: S2 4HP