Remploy Employment Services is a nationwide provider of specialist employment support for disabled and disadvantaged people (including people with physical impairments and/or sensory impairments, learning disabilities, mental health issues, autistic spectrum or long term health conditions). They have a branch in Sheffield (see above).
Remploy work with disabled people with the aim of equiping them with the skills and confidence they need to build enduring careers. To complement the support they offer to disabled people, Remploy work with employers to successfully achieve the inclusion aspects of their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) agenda and a diverse workforce.
Remploy can offer the following employment support:
- Preparing for Work
- Training & Qualifications
- Work Experience and Volunteering Opportunities
- Finding and Applying for Jobs
- In Work Support
Remploy also have a Mental Health Support Service (MHSS) within the Sheffield area.
The programme is specifically designed to support people who are currently in work but, due to a mental health condition, are either struggling to fulfil their responsibilities, or are already absent from work due to their mental health.
Anyone who has a mental health condition and is off sick from work as a result of this, or is finding it difficult to maintain their wellbeing and performance whilst at work, could benefit from the service. It might be that early warning signs have been spotted (by the individual or someone else) that they are not coping well, or the situation could be much further down the line where the individual's job is actually at risk.
The Mental Health Support Service can:
- Provide you with workplace mental wellbeing support and advice for six months, which is tailored to your needs.
- Support you to identify successful coping strategies that will help you to succeed in your job.
- Develop a step-by-step support plan, so that you can get back on track.
- Advise you on any adjustments you or your employer could make to help you do your job more easily.
- Help your employer to fully understand your condition and how they can support you (if you'd like them to).
- Meet with you at a place where you feel comfortable.
Location: Remploy Limited, St James House
Street: Vicar Lane
Postcode: S1 2EX