Housing Options is part of Sheffield City Council and is a service for anyone who is homeless, could become homeless in the near future, or has a housing problem which they need help to resolve.
The Housing Advice and Options Line provides telephone based housing advice and assistance with the aim of helping you to resolve your housing issues and to prevent homelessness.The phone line is open Monday - Friday 8.30 - 5.00pm.
Housing Options can:
- Advise you in relation to a range of housing related issues, such as disrepair, ending a tenancy, affordability etc.
- Advise you on your rights as a tenant or an owner occupier.
- Explore options to prevent you having to leave your home.
- Advise you on paying for your home, including signposting to benefits advice.
- Advise you on the range of housing options available in the city and how to access housing, including Council housing, private rented accommodation, Housing Association accommodation, supported accommodation and in an emergency, hostels and refuges.
- Refer your case for a detailed homelessness assessment to see if the Council can help you find somewhere to live if you are already homeless, or about to be.
Location: Floor 3 Howden House
Street: 1 Union Street
Postcode: S1 2SH