Home Start South Yorkshire
Home-Start South Yorkshire are a charity supporting families in Barnsley, Rotherham and Sheffield.
The support they provide includes situations where there are issues such as mental health, domestic abuse, isolation, sickness, postnatal depression, disability, twins/triplets, or difficult relationships.
Services offered include:
- A volunteer with parenting experience to visit parents with young children at home. Bespoke, regular weekly one to one support.
- Emotional support aimed at helping parents find ways to resolve and/or manage problems.
- Direct support for children such as playing, listening, encouraging development, having fun, establishing routines and providing opportunities for treats and outings.
- Practical help e.g. budgeting, doing the shopping, getting to appointments, nutrition and meal planning, cooking and making the home safe.
- Outreach and family groups to enable parents to go out, meet others, and become more involved in their own community.
- Information and links to other organisations such as education and health services.
- Attendance at meetings and moral support, especially in regards to dealing with case conferences or solicitors and court cases.
- Access to parenting advice and parenting skills training
Street: 86 Upper Hanover Street
Postcode: S3 7RQ