Heeley City Farm
Heeley City Farm is a city farm in the district of Heeley, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It is a community-based and training, employment and youth enterprise, and is a registered charity. You can also pay a recreational visit and admission to Heeley City Farm is free.
Its features and services include:
- Community Heritage projects - which have included/include full size reproduction of an Iron Age Roundhouse; excavation/archaeology; local history; open days; and workshops
- Food Growing both at Heeley City Farm and other locations around the city.
- Young Persons Alternative Provision (including supported learning) for 8-16 year olds - young people can attend vocational placements as part of their education at Heeley City Farm, building their skills as well as working towards recognised qualifications in various areas.
- The Farm Kitchen - a vegetarian and vegan cafe open serving drinks, snacks, breakfasts, lunches and afternoon teas.
- Garden Centre - promoting peat-free and organic gardening.
- Under 8's playground
- Meet the Animals - large and small animals and poultry/birds.
- Regular community events
- Volunteering - opportunities are available throughout the operation of the farm
- South Yorkshire Energy Centre - a visitor centre and project based at Heeley City Farm working in areas of Sustainability, Renewable Energy and Tackling Fuel Poverty
Opening Times: Every Day 9.00am - 5.00pm (10.00am - 4.00pm in the winter)
Street: Richards Road
Postcode: S2 3DT