Epilepsy Action is a national epilepsy organisation which exists to improve the lives of everyone affected by the condition. They are a member-led association, led by and representing people with epilepsy, their friends, families and healthcare professionals. Epilepsy Action aims to support people every step of the way through living with the condition.
The services Epilepsy Action provide include:
- Epilepsy Helpline providing advice and information
- Facilitate a network of local support groups (including one in Sheffield - see below)
- Online forum
- Epilepsy 'App'
- producing 'Epilepsy Today' magazine
- Campaign locally, nationally and internationally
Their website also contains a wide range of information and advice on epilepsy-related topics.
The helpline is open Mon - Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm. You can also text for advice on 0753 741 0044.
Epilepsy Action for Sheffield (local group)
Epilepsy Action provides a local contact point in Sheffield offering support to people with epilepsy, their family and friends, and people with an interest in the condition.
Monthly Meeting: a friendly group providing the opportunity to meet others affected by epilepsy, find mutual support, receive basic advice about living with epilepsy and a programme of interesting talks, social events and fundraising activities.
- Second Thursday of the month (except August) at the Quaker Meeting House, 10 St James' St, Sheffield S1 2EW. 7.30 - 9.00pm (doors open at 7.00pm).
Drop-In Coffee & Chat Sessions:
- Second Friday of the month at Edison Coffee, York Street, Sheffield S1 2ER. 10.00 - 11.30am.
Location: New Anstey House
Street: Gate Way Drive
Postcode: LS19 7XY