Drink Wise Age Well - Sheffield
Drink Wise, Age Well is a programme that works with the over 50s in Sheffield that aims to help people make healthier choices about their drinking as they age.
- Information - on alcohol and getting older to allow individuals to make informed choices about their alcohol use. They provide information on alcohol unit guidelines, tips for cutting down and where and how to get help if you need it.
- Support - for those who are concerned with their own or someone else's drinking Drink Wise, Age Well have a helpline Monday – Friday 9.00am -5.00pm where someone will be able to offer advice on where and how to get help if needed. Drink Wise, Age Well provides one-to-one support, peer support groups and friends and family support. T: 0800 032 3723
- Training - they also supports health and social care providers and community organisations to recognise and respond to risky drinking in people aged over 50. The programme provides free alcohol awareness training and workshops. http://drinkwiseagewell.org.uk/professionals/training/
- Activities - The programme offers a variety of activities for people aged 50+ in Sheffield designed to help individuals make new friends, find new interests and places to share the things that are important to each other. http://drinkwiseagewell.org.uk/events_category/Sheffield/
- Structured Group Work Programme - a six session Live Wise, Age Well group work programme for people aged 50 and over who may be experiencing life transitions. This six session group programme aims to strengthen coping strategies and improve well-being, whilst also celebrating the positive aspects of ageing. The programme introduces participants to techniques to give them the tools to cope better. http://drinkwiseagewell.org.uk/events_category/Sheffield/
Location: Suite B, 4th Floor Furnival House
Street: 48 Furnival Gate
Postcode: S1 4QP