Civil Legal Advice
Civil Legal Advice is government service that provides free and confidential legal advice in England and Wales if you're eligible for legal aid.
There is a 'legal aid checker' on the website that you can use to see if you're eligible.
You can get help with legal aid for:
- debt, if your home is at risk
- special educational needs
- housing, if you’re homeless or at risk of being evicted
- discrimination issues
- help and advice if you're a victim of domestic abuse
- separating from an abusive partner, when you’re making arrangements for children or sorting out money and property
- issues around a child being taken into care
- some child abduction cases
You can also contact CLA if you are unhappy about the service you have received from them.
You can ask Civil Legal Advice for a free call back - or text 'legalaid' and your name to 80010.
There is a free translation service if English isn't your first language.
You can also book a British Sign Language interpreter if you are deaf or hard of hearing.