Sheffield Alzheimer's Society
Alzheimer’s Society is a support and research charity for people with dementia and their carers. They provide information and support about all forms of dementia through their publications, website and National Dementia Helpline.
Services available in Sheffield include:
- Information, advice and support service. Their support workers can provide a wide range of information and support on all aspects of dementia. You can ring them or they can arrange a home visit.
- Younger persons’ services for people diagnosed before the age of 65
- Peer support groups
- Dementia Cafes for people with dementia and their carers at various locations around the city
- Singing for the Brain sessions
- Information and awareness sessions
- Resources in community languages.
Anyone can make a referral for dementia support by ringing 0114 276 8414, or emailing Sheffieldfirstname.lastname@example.org
Talking Point is an online forum for anyone affected by dementia. It’s a place to ask for advice, share information and join in discussion. www.alzheimers.org.uk/talkingpoint
National Dementia Helpline
Alzheimer's Society operates a helpline which you can contact on 0300 222 1122 for information, support, guidance and signposting to other appropriate organisations. It is open from 9am - 8pm (Monday to Wednesday) 9am - 5pm (Thursday and Friday), 10am -4pm (Saturday and Sunday). You can email Alzheimer's Society on: email@example.com
There are also lots of resources and information on the Alzheimer's Society website: www.alzheimers.org.uk
Location: Bamforth Building
Street: 110 Burton St
Postcode: S6 2HH